In 1909 Clark County was created by the Nevada Legislature and Las Vegas was selected as the county seat. That same year, the legislature created the Fourth Judicial District Court, which included Clark County.
In 1929, the Legislature created the Eighth Judicial District Court to serve the needs of Clark and Lincoln Counties. Growth in southern Nevada led to a change in 1945 when the Legislature set the boundaries of the Eighth Judicial District Court to serve only Clark County.
When Las Vegas was plotted as a new city in 1905, a block of downtown was set aside as the site of a courthouse square. Three courthouses served the public on that downtown block, located at 200 South Third Street until October 2005, when various courts, including the Clark County Courts, moved into the Regional Justice Center at 200 Lewis Avenue in downtown Las Vegas.