top002Clark County Courts HomeAbout Clark County CourtsJustice CourtDistrict CourtFamily CourtJuvenile CourtCourt ClerkCourt Clerk
Welcome to Clark County Courts.usWelcome to Clark County
top011TrafficCivilCriminalSmall ClaimsFamily CourtProbateSelf HelpSearchSearch

Frequently Asked Questions

This section attempts to answer the most common questions asked about the Clark County Courts.  If you have a question, please forward them to  Customer Service.


I am having trouble accessing the Online Calendar and Case Inquiry System.  What could be the problem?

Can't access our on-line case inquiry system?  Chances are our system is not down.  If you changed anything in your system, such as upgrading the OS, the web browser, or installing a firewall, that change probably caused the problem.  Your system (all programs between you and the Internet) must be set to enable cookies. Contact your internet service provider if you have questions on cookies.  Some firewalls must also be set to allow web site re-direction if that option is available.  Check the settings in your web browser and firewall programs first. 

A good check for locating the problem is if you or a friend has access to another computer (preferably not on the same network as your system) that can be used. ; If you can access our system with the other computer, the problem is definitely in your system configuration (computer or network).

How do I find my case on-line?

Finding your court case can be accomplished using the District Court's Online Calendars and Case Inquiry System.  The following information will help you view case minutes, search by name and learn why some records are sealed.  You can access District Court records for Civil, Criminal, Probate, Family and Child Support cases.  Court Calendars for all District Court Judges can be accessed here.

The Civil/Criminal/Probate option includes searches for civil lawsuits, probate proceedings and criminal cases. Once you select an option, the detailed search screen will retrieve a case based on case number (by default). Select Party Search to search by a person’s name.

The Family Law/Child Support option includes searches for divorce, annulments, temporary protective orders, or child custody hearings. Once you select an option, the detailed search screen will retrieve a case based on case number (by default). Select Party Search to search by a person’s name.

For cases originating in Justice Court, you can view them using the Justice Court Case Number.  You can also search for an individual named in a case by selecting the Party Search link.

At any time you can click on Help in the shaded blue area for additional information.


Minutes detailing court activity can be found within the on-line records for a case, if they have been added by the Court Clerk.  In general, minutes often explain the outcome of a hearing or explain why a hearing was rescheduled to a later date.

Once you have located a case in the Court Case Inquiry System, you can read trial or hearing minutes by clicking on the blue "Calendar" link.  Locate the blue "Yes" under the calendar date (see example below).  Click it on and follow the directions.  If this "Yes" does not appear, no minutes are available, or they have been made a part of a master entry.  

Minutes for multiple hearings, set for a single day, are entered under one listing. Look for a "260" minute entry and the blue "Yes" to read them. 

Cases currently in trial are locked until the trial has concluded.  You must appear in person in the office of the Court Clerk to view information related to the case.  Once the trial has ended the information is unlocked and once again made available to the public.

 Minutes related to Family matters are not made available on the Internet due to privacy issues.  You must appear in person to request to view this information.

Sealed Records

Sealing case records originates with a requirement to protect confidential information from public access. Specific reasons for sealing a case may vary. Certain case types such as adoption, paternity and juvenile abuse or neglect matters are automatically sealed by statute. In addition, the court may order the sealing of individual civil, domestic, temporary protective order, probate, guardianship or involuntary civil commitment cases. Criminal records may be ordered sealed upon meeting certain statutory requirements. An order to seal includes all records, papers and exhibits in the custody of court. Other records relating to the case, in the custody of such other agencies and officials as are named in the order, must also be ordered sealed. All proceedings recounted in the record are deemed never to have occurred. In some circumstances, the court may seal only certain documents in a case, without sealing the entire file. Our current technology cannot block Internet access to individual documents but must restrict access to the entire case. The same is true for criminal cases involving more than one defendant. If the case is ordered sealed as to one defendant, the entire case will be sealed from Internet access.

By order of the court, there is no Internet access to sealed records. Parties to the action (plaintiff or defendant) and counsel of record may access sealed cases by submitting a request in person to the Clerk of the Court located at the division of District Court where the case was filed. Photo identification is required. Access to adoption cases requires a court order in addition to photo identification.

I can't find my divorce, case, etc in this system?

This site contains court cases for the Eighth Judicial District Court.   To find Divorce cases, Criminal Cases, or Civil matters heard by the District Court please click here.  The District Court handles felony and civil lawsuits exceeding $7,500.  What you will not see are Justice Court specific cases, such as traffic court cases, and cases filed in other jurisdictions.  For example, take the situation of not finding your divorce in our system.  The Eight Judicial District Court's jurisdiction is Clark County but other District Courts overlap multiple counties.  This site contains the Clark County divorces but not any other county.  So just because you don't see it in our system doesn't mean it doesn't exist in another jurisdiction's system.  You also may not find warrant information, inmate locations, etc. on-line.  Use this link to check other jurisdictions for their specific system information.

When is the Case Information updated?

Court Case data (including any court calendar change) is handled by the Clerk of the Court. The official case files are also maintained by the Clerk's office.  Contact the Clerk's office for case related inquiries, as well as any filing information you require.  Click on the office name to go directly to the web site.

Site Updates

The case management system is updated from 6:00 am until midnight (Monday through Friday).   How current is the information?  That depends on what type of data you are looking at.  For example, motions placed on calendar by Master Calendar are entered directly into the system. Court minutes are done when the courtroom clerk is not in the court room, filings information can be up to 9 work days behind (depending on case load and personnel availability levels), judgments are entered into the system within one (1) business day, new case filings are done at time of filing.  Bottom line:  Contact the Clerk of the Court to verify the information you seek, as well as to identify any errors displayed in the on-line system. 

When are Justice Court cases entered into the District Court's Online Calendar and Case Inquiry System?

On the day the Justice Court presents the bindover order and documents to the Clerk of the Court, the case is entered into the system and provided a case number at the time of presentation. Follow up data entry into Blackstone is done on a first come / first served basis after the documents are scanned.  Scanning is done by 2:00 AM the following day (on most days).

How do I obtain a copy of my transcript?

Arrangement for transcripts of hearings are made by contacting the Court Reporter or Recorder for each individual department.   Arrangement for payment must be made at the time transcripts are ordered.    Transcripts may be ordered from the Clerk of the Court, or obtained from your attorney, if they have been furnished one by the court.  Transcripts ordered from the Clerk of the Court must be paid for prior to copying.  Fees for this service are $0.50 per page plus certification fees of $3.00.  Please allow 5-7 working days for these copies to be prepared.

Where can I find a complete copy of my case file?

According to Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS), the file maintained by the Clerk of the Court constitutes the OFFICIAL record of the court.  If copies are desired or required, you must contact the Clerk's office and follow their established policies to order and obtain your copies.

Where and how do I file a Small Claims action?

Small Claims actions are under the jurisdiction of the Justice Courts within Nevada. You may obtain forms and proper procedures by visiting the Civil Law Self Help Center on the first floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101.

How do I contact an attorney?

This court cannot refer you to, nor recommend, any attorney.  You will find attorneys listed in the telephone book or you may contact a Lawyer's Referral service.  A referral and information service is also sponsored by the State and Local Bar Associations.

Do I need an attorney to appear in court?

No, you do not need an attorney to appear in court, however, individual parties appearing in proper person are required to follow local court rules You can also do research at the Law Library. Professional businesses and corporations may not be represented by anyone other than a licensed attorney.

How do I file for divorce?

For divorce filing information, visit the Clerk of the Court webpage dedicated to divorce proceedings.  You can also check our the informational links at our Family Law Self Help Center, such as the Family Court Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).  These web pages will give you details on filing fees, the approximate time it will take, and when the divorce is final.  Many details are located in the instructional links for the electronic forms packets.

How can I represent myself in Family Court?

The Family Law Self-Help Center provides has a variety of forms for the most common types of cases in Family Court (i.e., divorce, annulment, custody, visitation, child support, name changes, guardianships, etc.) and orders for those cases.  The Center also has instructions on how to complete the forms.  Additionally, the Center has handouts to walk you through the court system for different types of hearings and paperwork.  The Center has a book with a listing of attorneys who are willing to accept family law cases.  Copies of the most commonly used statutes, a legal dictionary, and a listing of attorneys across the United States and throughout the world are also available.  The Self-Help Center also has many brochures and pamphlets about other groups in Las Vegas that may be able to assist you, such as the Pro Bono Project, Nevada Legal Services, etc.  It also has information about classes taught by law students from UNLV about Family Law. However, the staff at the Self-Help Center will not give you legal advice. If you need legal advice, you will need to see a lawyer. Visit the Family Law Self-Help Center for more answers to your specific questions.

Who are the Chief and Presiding Judges?

District Court

The current Chief Judge of the Eighth Judicial District Court is Jennifer P. Togliatti.

Justice Court

The current Chief Judge of the Las Vegas Township Justice Court is Karen P. Bennett-Haron.

Can I make an appointment to talk to my judge?

No, an appointment to talk with your judge is not allowed.  All ex-parte communication is prohibited by law, which requires that each party or their respective attorney is involved.  This also means we can not pass on email sent to the Webmaster and addressed to a judge on matters pertaining to an active case.

How can I be heard by the judge?

The Court may only receive information on a case pending before a judge by the filing of the appropriate motion which would be set on the court's calendar.   Any other information received outside of this procedure is prohibited.   If the party cannot afford legal representation, then they may prepare the motion (a document indicating what relief/issue that they want the judge to address) by themselves.  The State and Local Bar Associations also may be able to help.

What is Jury Service?

To serve as a juror, you must be able to vote, whether you are registered or not, have a sufficient understanding of the English language, and be physically and mentally able to serve. You also must have not been convicted of treason, a felony or other infamous crime. However, an individual who has been honorably discharged from probation the right to serve immediately as a juror in a civil action, and to serve as a juror in a criminal action six years after an honorable discharge from probation. Those are the basic requirements for being a juror in Nevada.  Visit Jury Service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information about Jury Service.





Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89155

Family Courts and Services Center
601 N. Pecos
Las Vegas, NV 89155

© 2009 Clark County Courts, Clark County, NV

Privacy Statement   Court Rules   Holidays   Links   Help   FAQ     

Nevada Supreme Court   Clark County   Telephone Directory   Site Map