News and Media
The following links point to general information about cases pending in the Eighth Judicial District Court and provides guidance regarding media coverage in the District Court.
- Detailed Court Calendars
- Court Information Office Information
- Media Guidelines for Camera Coverage of Proceedings
- Nevada Supreme Court Rules for Trial Coverage
- Media Request Form - District Court
Media Request Forms must be submitted 24 hours in advance of a hearing. Fax to (702) 671-4548..
The Court Information Office strives to meet the following objectives in working with the news media during high-profile cases:
- Assist and advise the trial and Chief Judge on trial-related media issues;
- Minimize the impact of the media's presence and demands on the trial court's staff, on other courtrooms and on general District Court operations;
- Help ensure that an appropriate atmosphere prevails in the courthouse so all litigants may obtain a fair trial, and
- Help ensure that the public and the media are accommodated to the best of the Court's abilities.