Using Word Forms
Eighth Judicial District Court
- Go to the appropriate Forms Library page.
- Click on the Word link for the document to be utilized.
- A dialog box will ask user to open the file or save to the PC.
- Choose the appropriate option. If save is selected, it will be necessary to assign a file name and location on your PC.
- When the document opens up, the first field to be filled in should be highlighted. If it is not, put the cursor over the first (highlighted) field and click. Then begin typing.
- Tab to move to the next entry, and begin typing. DO NOT HIT ENTER KEY as that will input information and blank spaces into the document.
- To move forward or backward in the document to make changes or corrections, use the tab key or back tab (hold down the shift key and hit tab) or use the mouse and click on the appropriate space. To make a correction, simply begin typing or hit the delete key and then continue typing.
- The fields have been set up to allow for word wrapping capability. Occasionally, this may cause some problems with line spacing or formatting. If you need to make adjustments in line spacing, click on the "Protect Form" icon (looks like a lock) on the Forms toolbar to unlock it. (To bring up this toolbar, click on "View," select "Toolbars," then put a checkmark in the "Forms" checkbox which is a toggle (on/off) button.) Make adjustments in spacing and text, etc. as required, then click again on the "Protect Form" icon to re-lock it for editing in the future.
- Save the file to the PC in the normal manner.